Thursday, April 12, 2012

The Daughters: Protestant Churches #2: Calendars of Idolatry


I got the above graphic from a website called "Internet Monk" who is an Emergent flavored evangelical from what I can tell.

Why didn't he notice there is a PENTAGRAM at the top? [those shells look like three '6s' too]

Years ago when I was UU, and dabbling in Theosophy and even aspects of Wicca, I noticed a strange "sameness" between the Catholic calendar and the Wiccan calendar and as I have eluded to on my articles warning about Easter and Christmas noticed even years ago about how both these holidays centered on the SOLISTICES, for you see in the Unitarian Universalist churches I attended, they openly celebrated the solstice. They even held what they called "spiral dances" during the spring solstice at one church.

It was strange even years later to see the Pope praising the winter solstice, the same as my UU ministers. Back then, I hadn't really figured out the SUN WORSHIP-Mystery Babylon thing quite yet, but now it fits together.


Pope: Christmas, the solstice, and astronomy
Benedict XVI recalls that the feast of the Nativity of Christ is celebrated in conjunction with the winter solstice, and that it has a "cosmic dimension." A greeting to all of those involved in the worldwide year of astronomy, a science respected and practiced by many popes as well.


Vatican City (AsiaNews) - Benedict XVI today gave a brief lesson on the unity between faith and science, during the reflection offered before the Angelus with the pilgrims in St. Peter's Square. The pontiff began from the observation that "the feast of Christmas is connected to the winter solstice [which begins today, December 21], when the days, in the northern hemisphere, start to get longer again." This highlights the fact that Christ is the son of grace, who, with his light, "transfigures and ignites the expectant universe" (liturgy), and that the mystery of Christmas also has a "cosmic dimension," in addition to its "historical" one.

"In this regard," the pope said, "it may be that not everyone knows that St. Peter's Square is also a meridian: the obelisk, in fact, casts its shadow along a line that runs along the pavement toward the fountain under this window, and in these days the shadow is at its longest of the year. This reminds us of the function of astronomy in marking out the rhythm of prayer. The Angelus, for example, is recited in the morning, at noon, and in the evening, and with the meridian, which was used in ancient times to identify 'true noon', clocks were adjusted."


Where does the Bible say to mark your rhythm of prayer to the "function of astronomy"? It doesn't, in fact it says quite the opposite. I think the Pope meant ASTROLOGY rather then astronomy, well in the context here the terms are interchangeable.

Deut 4:19

And lest thou lift up thine eyes unto heaven, and when thou seest the sun, and the moon, and the stars, [even] all the host of heaven, shouldest be driven to worship them, and serve them, which the LORD thy God hath divided unto all nations under the whole heaven.



ISa 47:13-14

Thou art wearied in the multitude of thy counsels. Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, the monthly prognosticators, stand up, and save thee from [these things] that shall come upon thee.

 Behold, they shall be as stubble; the fire shall burn them; they shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame: [there shall] not [be] a coal to warm at, [nor] fire to sit before it.  



By the way sometimes the Pope get blatant in his sun worship:



"Rising Sun, splendor of eternal light, sun of justice: come, illuminate those who lie in darkness and in the shadows of death." On assuming this invocation of today's liturgy, let us pray to the Lord to hasten his glorious coming among us, among all those who are suffering, as only in him can they find the answer to the authentic expectations of the human heart.

[this said too by the way that year on the WINTER SOLSTICE]

The Wiccans even call their calendar a "liturgical calendar":



The liturgical calendar in the Craft is known as the "Wheel of the Year" and is divided into eight spokes, or Sabbats. Four of these, the Lesser Sabbats, are Quarter-based, occuring at the two Equinox and two Solstice points of the year. The other four, occuring at "cross-quarters" (the midpoints between two quarters) are known as the Major, Grand, or Greater Sabbats. Taken together, these sabbats honor and celebrate the changing seasons and our place within them.



We know Easter or Ostara in Wicca, matches the spring solstice, and the date is changed every year not based on any Christian beliefs but based on "astronomy".

Christmas or Yule in Wicca is centered on the winter solstice.

Halloween or Samhain to a Wiccan, became All Soul's Eve and All Soul's Day to the Catholics

I have already done many posts on this blog exposing Christmas, Easter and Halloween, and their false traditions. [see index]

That said, there are other correlations such as Candlemas and Imolc

I would never go to a church that uses a LITURGICAL CALENDAR which is based on the SOLAR YEAR, and which celebrates holidays of pagan origin.

Now I may be going into a strange place, has anyone here heard of astrotheology? 


Astrotheology is study or theory that all religions are based on astrology and the "stars" and knowledge of celestial bodies. They are correct that essentially astrology or star worship is an important part of false religions. Some take it really far to claim humans come from the "stars" themselves, so called star seed theories, while others notice the confluence between world religions and sun worship and worship of other heavenly bodies aka. the Zodiac.

Years ago, I was going to some deep "conspiracy boards" and saw those who followed the teachings of AcharayaS denying Jesus Christ, and others who claimed that because these churches held to solar-astrology based traditions, that they were merely continuing the teachings of other religions and that "jesus" was simply another figure like Buddha.

Dealing with some people who believed this way online, this was hand to hand combat apologetics, I was a new Christian and remember saying to them point blank, SUN WORSHIP IS OUTLAWED IN THE BIBLE, so stop telling me Christianity has anything to do with it.





The video is marked with 5 pointed star and another logo with a pyramid.



She is right about the overlap between the religions of Mystery Babylon in their solar and lunar calendars.


She is right about the overlap about what she calls the 'Christianized" pagan holidays.


However there, she wrongly sees Catholicism as "Christian".


and she is wrong about what true Christianity is.


As I have said repeatedly Mystery Babylon is encompassed by SUN WORSHIP, all the false religions coming together. 


Go back to those Bible verses again, and how God warns the Israelites not to serve the stars, sun and moon, WHAT IS BEING DONE IN THESE FALSE RELIGIONS?


Some may ask where is biblebeliever going here?


Liturgical calendars break God's commandments.

Well why have so many churches mainline and other cling to Rome's false church calendar?

The gist of the matter is like all the false religions of Mystery Babylon, Rome's liturgical calendar is based on sun worship.






Above picture from Christmas is a Lie website.

Remember even the evangelicals and emergents are reclaiming Lent, and Advent as well as other false holidays.

There are many many people out there, who are Christians, who love God and want to follow Him who simply do not know the truth about the church calendars. I know one thing that is difficult is how infused our culture is with these holidays. We are literally surrounded by aspects of them.  Some Christians decide to stick to Happy Resurrection Day for Easter, but then I think everyday should be about celebrating Jesus Christ's Resurrection. Here we want to talk to people in love not condemnation but I realize this is a difficult one. Even a past pastor of mine and other Christians who I personally handed many tracts warning about Christmas too, put  Christmas trees up in their houses last year. What could I say? These are some things definitely God has to convict someone personally about especially in the ways that culture infuses so much of our lives.  Even I have done cards for people, stressing Bible verses and leaving off names of certain holidays or pictures of Santa Claus but then reaching out to others is important too. It has caused me even some self-examination with God, as to where the lines should be drawn. I suppose if you get caught in a picture outside of your home with a Christmas tree behind you, compared to if if you haul one into your house and decorate it knowing what Jeremiah 10 says, it may be a different matter. God holds us responsible I believe for what we know.

I remember my days under the Catholic church calendar. I have to admit it bothered me, even the labeling of days "ORDINARY TIME" as if time was to be suspended and "boring" between high church holidays. For many the patterns of holidays and celebrations is a soothing one, it was not for me.  I do not believe God condemns people coming together to feast or celebrate or enjoy life, but do wish more Christians would question traditions and holidays that are not biblical. It is tough, because seriously this is one where you are definitely left in the minority.

Most of the daughters do follow the Catholic liturgical calendar:

Catholicism



LUTHERAN



Methodist


Prebysterian




Evangelicals



 "You''ll be reminded daily that your life is bigger than just you, that you are part of God''s huge plan that started before time and will continue into eternity. Whether you''re familiar or unfamiliar with following the liturgical year, this book makes it easy to do, offering here the significance and history of each season, ideas for living out God''s Story in your own life, and devotions that follow the church calendar for each day of the year."


I would never attend a church that follows a liturgical calendar.


The Catholics themselves admit what their liturgical calendar is about:



"The reasons for celebrating our major feasts when we do are many and varied. In general, however, it is true that many of them have at least an indirect connection with the pre-Christian [pagan] feasts celebrated about the same time of year feasts centering around the harvest, the rebirth of the sun at the winter solstice (now Dec. 21, but Dec. 25 in the old Julian calendar), the renewal of nature in spring, and so on."
Source: The New Question Box - Catholic Life for the Nineties, copyright 1988 by John J. Dietzen, M.A., S.T.L., ISBN 0-940518-01-5 (paperback), published by Guildhall Publishers, Peoria Illinois, 61651., page 554.

Anyone remember this verse in the Bible?

Galatians 4:9 but now that ye have come to know God, or rather to be known by God, how turn ye back again to the weak and beggarly rudiments, whereunto ye desire to be in bondage over again?

10
Ye observe days, and months, and seasons, and years.

11 I am afraid of you, lest by any means I have bestowed labor upon you in vain. 

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always good stuff!

Thanks for your tireless effort!!

Bible Believer said...

Thanks so much anonymous :)

coz said...

I don't observe any calendar date festivals, I don't see the point of it. Started with birthdays (ugh) and grew. The calendar is basically pagan anyway, the months are named for pagan gods as are the days of the week.

There's this American guy who has created a 'The New Jerusalem Calendar', I don't know whether it has merit or not, but something along those lines is a start, it would be good if we could at least rename the months and days of the week. Let the pagans use whatever calendar they want, Christians need their own.

Bible Believer said...

I still have dinners with people and send cards like birthday cards etc but avoid what is pagan as much as what is possible. Yeah all our days of the week are named after false pagan gods, and the rest. Linguistically we are sort of stuck, for matters of understanding--sure God understands if we use Saturday in a sentence to make a plan with someone, but you are right about the calendar's origins.

I saw this website, he is a bit into Catholicism and 'world unity" but you probably meant another website.

http://www.newjerusalemcalendar.com/

coz said...

yeah, it's probably the same guy, Russ Ewert? My ISP has me 'slowed' so it's hard for me to check things especially at complex sites.

You'd have to be a time/calendar scholar to verify his stuff and I'm not, but like I said, it's a start. Why are we commemorating pagan gods every day?

Kayfabe said...

Hello Bible Believer,

What really woke me up to the perversion that is Christmas was four or five years ago during a gift exchange with my family. Members of my family became heated when they didn't like the gifts they were given. I was one of the targets as that was a rough time for me financially. I told them point blank that they were materialistic and that they were mocking what Christmas was supposed to mean. I finally threw out my artifical tree last year as christmas 2011 was our first without any decorations. Since that incident 4/5 years ago I told my family that I will no longer participate in gift exchanges and I no longer buy gifts for Christmas at all for anyone. This year was laso the first abstaining from Easter as I spent the morning reading my Bible at Starbucks.

Joy said...

I fully understand what you are talking about with the pagan origins of holidays, but just as I can't start calling Saturday something else because I live in the culture and place where I live, I feel the same about the holidays. I read the full gospel stories to my children leading up to Easter and Christmas. God instituted feasts and festivals to remember God throughout the year, and I try to use that as well. We also talked about "Noah's Ark Day" on February 17 (I think that reference to the date the flood started was in Genesis 6)and talked about being righteaus even in a bad society.

coz said...

BB wrote: "I still have dinners with people and send cards like birthday cards etc but avoid what is pagan as much as what is possible. Yeah all our days of the week are named after false pagan gods, and the rest. Linguistically we are sort of stuck, for matters of understanding--sure God understands if we use Saturday in a sentence to make a plan with someone, but you are right about the calendar's origins.

I saw this website, he is a bit into Catholicism and 'world unity" but you probably meant another website."

-------------
Yeah I think you're right I had another look at his site, think he is some kind of catholic. But it's the idea that interests me, of christians having our own non-pagan calendar. Taking back language from the pagan. "Linguistically we are sort of stuck, for matters of understanding", well yeah but the whole war is very much a war about words, who controls language and meaning, attempts to redefine meaning, I think it's because the world was created by The Word of God, that is why it's all about words. The Logos thing.

Bible Believer said...

Kayfabe,

Ah yes all that gift giving and I have experienced that too where people did not like the gifts. I do not think there is anything wrong with giving people things but usually when it's under Christmas pressure, it was horrible. Christmas can be a nightmare for the poor too who can't afford all the gifts. Sorry you went through that. I have to say when I found out the truth about Christmas, it was a relief to depart from it. So much of it is about materialism and shopping til you drop. I am sure you found departing from it a relief as well. Good way to have spent that other holiday too.

Joy, I know, we can't exactly go up to someone and say meet me on day #3 of the week. We use those words for understanding though I do not like them. I am not sure about Christians having their own calendar, not sure how that would work and since Bible Christians now are such a small remnant, it may be the ideal but for now probably a smaller matter. Coz you are right about words in that respect. Even the months well except for fall months [named for numbers] are named after Roman leaders and false gods.

Joy, With Christmas and Easter check out some of what I have written. I know it is tough because our culture is infused with so much of the stuff, but the origin of these holidays and even their names is pagan, like Ostara equals Easter and Christmas equals CHRIST MASS. I don't walk around throwing people's easter eggs in the trash or knocking over their Christmas trees try to live in peace with people, though I try and tell who I can. I hope at least what I have posted about these holidays can get people to think about them.

coz said...

Finally got Russ (New Jerusalem Calendar) to answer some questions cos he sometimes posts/spams at a forum I'm at, although he dodges direct questions usually, and his response to why a Christian calendar would honour pagan gods/Roman emperors in the names of the months and the days of the week was 'God made everything'. Technically yeah, but one has to draw a distinction between the pagan and the Godly. I think he's a syncretist at heart. He seems convinced his calendar will be adopted, but if you read between the lines it's 'adopted up by the NWO'.

Bible Believer said...

Russ is a Catholic isn't he?

Too much confusion there, the Catholicism equals syncretism...

http://www.newjerusalemcalendar.com/easter_2012_catholic_ascension_video

William Sculley said...

Actually a liturgical calender is based on the Jewish calender, which is a liturgical calender. The switch to use the sun as the basis was based on culture, because the majority of the world was on a solar calender.

Also, for a Protestant, you sure harbor a lot of hate for Protestants.

Anonymous said...

The Father's calendar started with the new moon, which was most likely the full moon, not the pagan crescent. There was then 4 weeks of seven days wit the 7th day being a Sabbath. This repeated every new moon.